We know that when children start school and join their Reception class they come with a wide range of previous experiences. The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic has broadened that range of previous experiences even further. Early years teachers tell us that never have they have had children in their class with such a vast range of developmental starting points.
In response, we have produced a suite of five new free e-learning modules designed specifically for early years staff. The modules can be accessed individually or as a training course. Presented in e-learning modules so that staff can access them at a time that suits them. They can be watched and discussed as an early years team, or accessed by staff individually.
All modules are designed to support staff to adapt the curriculum successfully for children with a wide range of developmental needs.
The modules are:
- Curriculum, environment and routines
- Personal, social & emotional development
- Small steps in learning
- Phonological development
- Supporting incontinence
The training has been written and presented by professionals who are all experienced early years experts. The training production team are:
- Jessica Bubb – Autism & Social Communication Team-Team Manager, WSCC
- Clare Myall – Senior Educational Psychologist, WSCC
- Nicola Blackwell – Educational Psychologist, WSCC
- Helen Smith- Associate Adviser, WSCC
- Grace Fairbourn – Early Years Consultant, WSCC
- Gemma Peck – EYFS Advisory Teacher, Virtual School for Care Experienced Children, WSCC
Curriculum, environment and routines
Personal, social & emotional development
Small steps in learning
Supporting the development of toilet training skills.
Also Permanently saved here