Beacon House is a team of professional, compassionate and highly experienced chartered psychologists, psychotherapists and occupational therapists. They provide a wide range of assessments and effective therapies for children and young people, families and adults who are experiencing mental health difficulties, emotional and behavioural problems and relationship conflict. Staff have a special interest in repairing the effects of trauma and attachment disruption
They are offering a free webinar during the months of April and May, for education staff. The webinars focus is to provide information, support and free resources around the impact of Covid 19 on the children within educational settings
This seminar will cover:
- The impact of Covid-19 on all pupils with a special focus on trauma, loss and transition
- The additional impact of Covid-19 on vulnerable pupils, particularly those with earlier trauma and attachment disruptions
- Principles of engagement – how all staff can relate to pupils in a way which enables them to engage with learning and relationships.
- Practical strategies – what all staff can do to support pupils’ transition back into the school environment, and begin to thrive again
- The module will also include a range of bespoke resource.
If you would like to find out more about Beacon House please visit their informative website.
This also fits with West Sussex’ therapeutic thinking training that is being delivered by Ange Wadham. For more information on therapeutic thinking please click here.