Provision and or strategies:
- Work together with other professionals e.g. Sensory Support Team, mobility officer, to share strategies and advice to enable the child or young person to access the learning environment. For example, through the use of Information and Computer Technology (ICT), alternative visual resources or pre-learning.
- Consider lighting and position for CYP and how it supports their vision.
- Provide uncluttered space and plain backgrounds to help the CYP focus on the appropriate object.
- Use auditory reinforcements.
- Use talking books & literature/books or those with braille if the child or young person is a braille reader.
- Use reading apps.
- Create a folder of frequently used (transferable) resources which the CYP can access during lessons.
- Use a 3D printer.
- Take account of mobility needs such as accessing mobility / cane training.
- Provide access to low visual aids.
- Consider using talking equipment for life skills / curriculum activities.
- Provide access to quieter learning environments.
Last updated 3 September 2020