Provision and / or strategies
- Consult with parents to identify potential trigger times and activities.
- Consider conducting a sensory audit of the school environment.
- Share strategies and advice with all members of staff to support the child and young person’s sensory diet.
- Consider referral to the Occupational Therapy Service.
- Access staff training (such as sensory integration) through CPD, if needed.
- Work together with other professionals to share strategies and advice to support the CYP’s sensory diet.
- Identify activities which help the CYP regulate. Use these at appropriate times of day to promote access to learning.
- Consider the impact of break times, dinner time and transitions. Work with the CYP to develop strategies which help them feel ready to learn.
- Consider using Sensory reduction planning.
- Consider using individual workstations.
- Build resilience using timers.
Last updated 3 September 2020