Identified provision and / or need
- Provide sensory breaks and snacks.
- Be aware of sensory needs and be flexible with the uniform policy when necessary.
- Consider the environment e.g. noise, room temperature, visual stimuli, proximity. Use of an audit tool would be helpful.
- Have a flexible approach to transitions e.g. between lessons and to and from school.
- Provide access to a haven / low arousal space, if needed.
- Develop a sensory profile for the individual children and young people.
Last updated 3 September 2020