In addition to the setting’s usual transition process:
- Set up a meeting with the parents/carers and relevant professionals to plan for the transition into the setting.
- Plan and record the meeting using the Supported Transition Plan template.
- At the meeting record details of agencies involved.
- Work with the parents/carers and the child to complete a ‘My One Page Profile’ or discuss where one has been written previously.
- The NCB website contains some useful information.
- Carry out additional home visits and/or settling in sessions (share photos or videos of setting to prepare the child).
- Regularly review provision plan with parents/carers
- Undertake an accessibility audit and create an accessibility plan.
- If the child requires medication, gain consent for administration, identify any staff training required and agree how information will be shared within the setting.
- If the child has health needs, plan care provision.
- Complete and action a risk management plan.
Links to Guidance and Documentation for Supported Transition Plan
- Supported Transition Plan – guidance for completion.
- Supported Transition Plan – useful templates and documents to support the actions above.
Last updated 28 January 2021