The Autism and Social Communication Team (ASCT) offer a range of school and parent trainings as well as offering schools bespoke packages to match needs. Examples of ASCT training that can be requested include:
– Raising Awareness and Understanding Autism Spectrum Condition
– Sensory Processing Differences in Autism
– Girls with ASC
– Understanding and Supporting Anxiety associated with ASC
– Comic Strip Conversations and Social Stories
– Early Years – supporting pupils with ASC
– Circle of Friends and 6th Sense peer training
– LEGO based therapy
– Zones of Regulation
– Certificate in Autism Awareness and Practical Strategies for Teaching Assistants (CAAPSTA) – a six week course for TAs
– ASC Strategies, Understanding, Realisation and Emotional wellbeing (AScSURE) – a six week course for parents of children over 8 years old.
– Autism Aware Award – Through training and tutor support schools work towards the award by demonstrating an effective and positive whole school approach to supporting their pupils/students with Autism and Social Communication Difficulties.
Last updated 23 November 2020