- Identify a key figure within school/setting who can provide an emotional support and build interests. There is a robust key person system in place,
- Establish a safe place/quiet area which is chosen and agreed with the children.
- Ensure feedback is used to collaborate and plan with parents, to ensure consistency between the home and school and setting.
- Consider the use of comic strip conversations to identify triggers and identify an alternative choice of action.
- Provide opportunities to reflect emotional states and develop strategies to support self-regulation.
Last updated 30 November 2020