- Provide sensory breaks if required, to reduce the potential pressure from the social load.
- Be aware of sensory needs, explore this further with parents and be flexible with routine
- Consider the environment e.g. noise, room temperature, visual stimuli, proximity. Use of an audit tool would be helpful.
- Have a flexible approach to transition times within the day or session
- Provide access to a haven / low arousal space if needed
- Develop a one page profile with the family to support the child’s sensory needs sensory profile for the individual children
- Consider staff knowledge to sensory issues and access further training
Last updated 17 November 2020