- Ensure the child has full access to the breadth of learning by making adjustments and modifications to differentiate the curriculum, right across the board.
- Staff support the characteristics of effective teaching and learning and plan activities designed to develop skills which will support them to become independent learners.
- Support children to develop their self-esteem through celebration and reinforcement of strengths and successes.
- Support children to draw on their own experiences in their play and support them to extend and build on their ideas, concepts and skills.
- Extend children’s interests and introduce them to new experiences by providing a variety of activities using creative and playful approaches.
- Provide first-hand real-life experiences as part of your everyday routines for children to explore and discover.
- Plan and resource a challenging environment where children’s play can be supported and extended
- Encouraging and supporting children to persevere through difficulties, to ask questions, problem-solve and take risks.
- Identifying and supporting next steps in learning utilising information from home to offer the child consistent challenge
Last updated 23 November 2020