Provision and / or strategies:
- Identify a key figure within class or special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) team who can provide an emotional secure base and build on preferred learning styles.
- Establish a safe place/quiet area which is chosen and agreed with the child or young person.
- Ensure feedback is used to collaborate and plan with parents, to ensure consistency between the home and school and setting.
- Consider the use of comic strip conversations to identify triggers and identify an alternative choice of action.
- Provide opportunities to reflect emotional states and develop strategies to support self-regulation.
Last updated 3 September 2020