Provision and / or strategies
- Planning of class groupings and opportunities to develop social understanding and inference.
- Group work is planned and used flexibly to promote independence from adults.
- Organise small group / 1 to 1 tasks and activities, e.g. Lego based therapy
- Promote a calm learning environment.
- Be clear in your communication of expectations.
- Ensure staff monitor at break and lunchtime and intervene with strategies to support peer interactions, e.g. teaching of structured games.
Last updated 3 September 2020