Provision and / or strategies
- Prepare for change of activity or routine, e.g. use of visual resources and objects of reference.
- Organise small group / 1 to 1 tasks and activities.
- Ensure that there is a calm learning environment.
- Ensure clear communication of expectations.
- Provide regular mentor support, including adults or peers.
- Consider a visual timetable to be used in setting/school.
- Ensure staff monitor key transition points e.g. home/school. break and lunchtime with strategies to reduce anxiety.
Last updated 3 September 2020