- Leadership and management
The school / settings provision for SEND, those with additional needs and disadvantaged groups is well-led and managed. Leaders are ambitious for CYP with additional needs and this ambition is shared by staff.
- Curriculum, teaching and learning
The curriculum is successfully adapted, designed or developed to be ambitious to meet needs. Staff adapt learning approaches.
- Assessment and individual planning
A regular cycle of ‘Assess, Plan, Do, Review, formative assessment and managing access arrangements.
- Partnership and co-production with children, young people and parents carers
Co-production, participation and realistic expectations.
- Supporting social and emotional development / pastoral care
Pastoral support for children and young people with additional needs.
- The physical and sensory environment
Sensory and physical environment considerations.
- Equipment and resources
Use to resources to overcome potential barriers to learning.
- Staff skills, training and use of expertise
Effective use and development of expertise.
- Transition and transfer
Effective transitions between schools and within the school day.