Is there evidence that…
- The schools is accessible to all children and young people (CYP).
Discussion prompts / evidence of impact
- CYP, parents, governors and staff are involved in regular accessibility walks in school, which feed back into school policy and facility management.
- The school has adapted the environment so that all CYP and staff are able to manage their own movements around the school site, e.g. use of adapted visual timetables, handrails, slopes for wheelchair access, braille signs/textured walls, sensory management adaptations.
- The school conducts sensory audits of inside and outside of the school to identify potential sensory challenges and how these could be managed.
- Expectations for safe movement around the site are understood and consistently followed by CYP and staff.
Last updated 14 December 2020