The voice of the child, young person or their parent/carer is key to engaging the child and family in their learning and wider life of the school.
Some examples of key times that views should be obtained include:
- Target Setting
- Individual learning plans
- Statutory assessment and Annual Reviews
- Whole School Development Planning
- School Council topics for discussion
- Meeting the needs of vulnerable children
- Transition between Key Stages, Year Groups, Schools etc.
- Sharing with parents
- When support is being sought from external agencies and other professionals
- Developing the Personal, Health and Social Education (PHSE) and Citizenship Curricula
- Supporting Healthy Schools Initiative
- Developing staff expertise in listening to children
- Whole class use
Last updated 6 October 2020