Actions for school
In addition to the school’s usual transition/settling in processes:
- Regularly meet with parents/carers to discuss how their child is settling in and to review provision.
- Ensure all relevant information has been transferred from the pre-school setting. Check that this has been shared/ disseminated with key staff.
- Ensure that staff understand the needs of their pupils. For example, through one- page profiles.
- Identify any further staff training needs.
- Share successes of individual children with their pre-school setting.
Actions for pre-school setting
Communicates with the school to discuss success of the transition and progress of the child. This supports the child and family with the transition as well as embedding links with the school for future transitions.
Last updated 1 March 2021