Actions for pre-school setting
- Arranges a transition planning meeting between the pre-school setting, parents/carers, school and other relevant professional supporting the family.
- Pre-school setting to gain consent from parents/carers and provide copies of all relevant documentation to the school eg;
- Professionals reports
- Reviewed provision, health needs plans or PSPs
Actions for school
- Evaluate provision provided in pre-school setting and start planning how successful strategies of support can be translated into the Reception class.
- To identify any potential staff training needs.
- Where physical or health needs have been identified the school will need to undertake a risk assessment.
- If appropriate, start informal visits to the school for the child.
Last updated 1 March 2021