‘Structured Conversations’ is a positive ‘outcome focused’ tool that encourages teachers and parent carers to work together. Developing a better relationship with parents enables them to be more engaged in their child’s learning and increases confidence in the education system.
Structured conversations enable
- An effective relationship to be established.
- Parent carers to express their aspirations.
- The teacher and parent carer to share concerns and successes.
- Clear targets to be set as well as clear plans on how to achieve them.
- Responsibilities of all parties to be clarified.
Last updated 15 September 2020